Friday, April 17, 2009

Design Competitions

Years back when I was much younger than I am now, I had written about competitions as a tool that facilitates freedom from existing structure of our practise. This brief state of professional suspended animation that provides one flexibility to assume additions and subtractions to ways of the world, carries with it potential to discover, invent and conceptualise a new system of producing space (and by this I do not mean parametric modelling, but I do pray once in a while that someday if not an interesting form, all that scripting may atleast result in a virus capable of bringing down the system). Hoping that possibly within these heterotopias of the design practise (design competitions), professional deviants and hopeless design romantics might discover the Holy Grail of Design of Space I plan to take part in two upcoming International competitions. Lets see if we can have the Susan Boyle effect as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment